Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 Check in

How is everyone doing after their first day? Hope you guys have planned and pre prepped your meals for the week and hopefully those first couple recipes have been helpful thus far. I'm excited so many of you are willing to try it out and looking forward to hearing about and seeing your results. Remember to plan ahead of time if you have a long day or you have an event to go to. If you are going to a restaurant check the menu ahead of time and ask for a gluten free menu to avoid people looking at you crazy when you have food requests. This will also ensure they cook the food to your specifications and also most gluten free items are paleo... just ask what's in it! For the most part you can order a salad without dressing or any meat dish and replace sides with veggies. Just stay away from those sauces. Now that vacation is over and most people are going back to work it'll be harder not to be tempted by junk but stick with it and feel free to ask questions.

I decided to challenge myself for the new year and do a three day juicing cleanse which started today! (I'm cray I know) Still paleo since it's all fruits and veggies but I made sure I read up on all the pros and cons from my juicing book so that I don't have any surprises. I was worried I'd be hungry and not have time to juice in the morning before work so last night I made two days worth of juice and filled my large daily water bottle with my juice of choice. Today I am having beet, radish, grape, carrot, ginger, berry juice. Tomorrow it'll be celery, cucumber, grape, lime, pear juice.

Definitely a challenge this morning not having "food" for breakfast but I am prepared and ready and have some accountability partners in my sisters and my friend Brittnye. Also I will be drinking lots of water and some green tea throughout the day to stay hydrated. I don't recommend any of you guys start juicing detox unless you are prepared and ready. This is my first time and I am doing it for detox purposes moreso than weight loss so we will see how I feel after. As with anything new just always make sure you pay attention to your body and how you feel.

My delicious looking juice pictured below :) hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment